Work with several dictionaries and translate between 7 languages, including English, Russian, Spanish, German, French, Portuguese, and Italian. Read definitions of words, view examples of usage as well as a list of synonyms and antonyms, check grammar notes and verb forms.
ABBYY Lingvo 1.11 for Mac can be downloaded from our website for free. The actual developer of this software for Mac is ABBYY. This app can be installed on Mac OS X 10.7 or later. This Mac download was scanned by our built-in antivirus and was rated as virus free. This app's bundle is identified as com.abbyy.lingvo. ABBYY Lingvo for Mac lies within Education Tools, more precisely Reference. The most popular versions of ABBYY Lingvo for Mac are 1.7, 1.6 and 1.0.
From the developer:
Comprehensive dictionary for 7 languages ● Contains world class Oxford Dictionaries ● Includes over 7,150,000 entries ● Verb Forms ● No Internet connection or in-app purchases required, all dictionaries are included in the application
● Translation from ENGLISH into Russian, Spanish, German, French, Italian, and back
● Translation from RUSSIAN into English, Spanish, German, French, Italian, Portuguese, and back
FEATURES AND BENEFITS:
● Get multiple translations and usage samples for each word meaning
● View synonyms and antonyms, grammar notes, verb forms, and cultural information
● Learn meanings of set expressions from general translation and idiomatic dictionaries, phrase books and dictionaries of English slang and colloquialisms
● Look up accurate translations in more than 100 subject dictionaries of computer, engineering, law, marketing, economics, finance and banking, and medicine terms
● Use New Oxford American Dictionary, with word meanings arranged by their frequency of use
● Listen to pronunciation of key words for English, German, Russian and French recorded by native speakers
● Get a pop-up translation in the Safari browser by simply pointing the mouse cursor at unfamiliar words
ENGLISH CORE OXFORD DICTIONARIES:
— New Oxford American Dictionary.
You may want to check out more software for Mac, such as ABBYY Lingvo Dictionary or ABBYY FineReader Express, which might be similar to ABBYY Lingvo.