Our software library provides a free download of Peep 2.3.5 for Mac. The most popular versions of Peep for Mac are 2.2 and 1.2. The latest installer takes up 3.9 MB on disk. This free Mac application is a product of PeacockMedia. The unique ID for this application's bundle is com.peacockmedia.Peep. The application lies within Productivity Tools, more precisely Office Tools. Our built-in antivirus checked this Mac download and rated it as virus free.
From the developer:
Peep is a data extraction utility that lets you:
- View any file in detail, view / save in any text encoding
- Displays each byte as data (decimal or hex notation) or as text
- Can take text directly from the clipboard
- Try different text encodings to find the correct one or the best fit
- Attempts to filter the text from a proprietary format
- Saves a text file using the same or another encoding There are many different text encoding systems (ways of representing characters within a file) and a file doesn't necessarily carry information about the encoding that was used when it was saved.
You may want to check out more Mac applications, such as swackett, PixelPeeper or JSONPeep, which might be related to Peep.