Active Sound Editor
Active Sound Editor 4.1 is free to download from our software library. The following version: 4.1 is the most frequently downloaded one by the program users. This program is an intellectual property of MultiMedia Soft.
Active Sound Editor lies within Multimedia Tools, more precisely Music Production. Commonly, this program's installer has the following filename: SoundEditor.exe. The latest installer occupies 17.3 MB on disk. This download was scanned by our built-in antivirus and was rated as safe.
From the developer:
ActiveX control that adds sound editing capabilities to multimedia applications and allows accessing and modifying audio data through several features:
- Load/export from sound files in many formats
- Load a sound previously recorded by our Active Sound Recorder ActiveX control
- Possibility to load a new sound in "Append mode", "Insert mode", "Mix mode" or "Overwrite mode"
- Possibility to load a specific range of a sound file
- A background sound can be applied to the current editing session, also in loop mode
- Being an ActiveX control, it can be instanced inside HTML code also and used in order to edit sounds from the client browser directly
- Deep analysis at different resolutions of the loaded sound's waveform with rich visualisation capabilities like range selection, zooming and panning
- Edit loaded sound with cut, insert and mixing capabilities
- Insert or remove portions of silence
- Create and apply equalizer bands
- Apply volume modifications: flat volume, sliding volume and volume automation
- Apply DirectX Media Object (DMO) effects
- Apply custom DSP effects: code of DSP effects can be internal to the container application's code or inside external DLLs
- Apply Virtual Studio Technology (VST) effects
- Change Tempo, Playback rate and Pitch
- Play the loaded and edited sound or any portion of the same
- Enumeration of silent portions of sound
- Filter for hiss noise removal
- Filter for clicks and pops removal
- Filter for volume level normalization
- Through integration with Active DJ Studio, possibility to load the audio track of video clips
- Support for "Append automation", allowing to append several files in one single shot
- Support for "Mixing automation", allowing to mix several files or contents of other instances of the control in one single shot
You may want to check out more software, such as Active Sound Recorder, Audio Sound Editor for.NET or Sound Editor, which might be similar to Active Sound Editor.