The 188.8.131.52 version of Faros is available as a free download on our software library. The most popular versions among the software users are 1.4 and 1.3. The actual developer of the software is Afreet Software, Inc. Faros lies within Internet & Network Tools, more precisely General.
The common filenames for the program's installer are Faros.exe, Faros.Client.Launcher.exe or VS FAROS.exe etc. The most recent installation package that can be downloaded is 1.8 MB in size. Our built-in antivirus checked this download and rated it as virus free. The latest version of the program is supported on PCs running Windows XP/Vista/7/8/10, 32-bit.
From the developer:
Automatic NCDXF beacon monitor for Radio Amateurs,
SWL'ers and HF communication engineers
- continuously monitors 18 NCDXF beacons on five bands;
automatically detects the presence of the beacon signals, even in QRM and noise;
- measures the signal-to-noise ratio, the QSB index, and the propagation delay of the signal;
- automatically identifies long path openings based on the signal delay;
- Operating system: Windows ME, Windows 2000, Windows XP or Windows 7;
- CPU speed: 1 GHz or higher is recommended;
- Ports: one COM port for radio control (optional);
- Connection to the Internet: direct (no proxies), 1 MBit/s or faster is recommended.
You may want to check out more software, such as FARO SCENE IMPORTER SDK, FARO Scout LT or FARO Scene, which might be similar to Faros.