Unleash the full potential of your computer or laptop's camera with our compilation of webcam software. These solutions will offer you a wide range of tools to combine video and audio sources, apply real-time enhancements, and work with popular live-streaming services. Moreover, some webcam programs boast such options as green screen, face identification, time-lapse video creation, and scheduled recording.
CyberLink YouCam is a popular webcam program that boasts a wide range of real-time effects, frames, and filters. The tool includes multiple video editing options, organizes your videos and photos, and allows you to create video tutorials and presentations with narration. Moreover, the solution secures access to your PC by scanning your face and using it as a login. Try the functionality of CyberLink YouCam for free for 30 days and then purchase the full version for $57.32. The tool is suitable for Windows a10, 8/8.1, 7, Vista SP2.
- Captures video and screenshots.
- Comes with real-time effects, frames, distortions, and emoticons.
- Multiple templates with animations.
- Built-in editing tools.
- Allows you to create tutorials and presentations.
- Organizes media files.
- A broad array of real-time filters and effects.
- Multimedia files organizer.
- Multiple editing tools.
- Allows you to share videos on YouTube and Facebook.
- Face login option.
- Turns your webcam into a digital mirror.
- Annoying pop-ups in the trial version.
- Resource intensive.
SplitCam provides you with an extensive set of real-time filters and masks to enhance your video-chat experience. The solution can combine different audio sources like a mic, music files, and system sound in a single audio stream. The splitting option allows you to use your webcam in multiple programs simultaneously. SplitCam supports a wide variety of streaming services, including Skype, Youtube, Hangouts, Facebook Messenger, etc. The solution is freeware and works on Windows and macOS.
- Supports HD video stream.
- Streams to popular video-sharing platforms.
- Allows you to view several video cameras simultaneously.
- Real-time masks.
- Zoom option.
- A broad range of effects and filters.
- Allows you to combine audio sources.
- Supports all popular services.
- Takes snapshots.
- A very limited set of editing tools.
- Large ads.
ManyCam comes with a wide variety of presets, transitions, filters, face masks, emoticons, and backgrounds. Stream simultaneously to Facebook and YouTube, switch between different video sources and combine them, and broadcast your screen. ManyCam allows tweaking your camera settings and customizing the quality of your video by specifying the video format, FPS, and resolution. The tool comes both as a free and paid version, there are several plans available starting from $27 per year. ManyCam is suitable for Windows, Windows, macOS, Android, and iOS.
- Records video and takes snapshots.
- Works with multiple video sources.
- Broadcasts desktop.
- Controls webcam camera settings.
- Replaces audio.
- Selection of backgrounds.
- IP Camera support.
- A wide range of masks, effects, and filters.
- Integration with popular services.
- Comes with audio effects.
- Motion detection.
- Game streaming.
- Preview option before making live.
- Lacks HD resolution option.
- Resizing images occasionally gives a black screen.
Debut Video Capture Software
Debut Video Capture Software provides several methods to capture video: you can record your desktop activity, including gameplay and streaming video or footage from an IP camera, a webcam, or an external device. Moreover, the solution captures audio, adds text and time stamps to your video, allows you to tweak the video resolution, size and frame rate settings. Among the offered options are scheduled recording, time-lapse video creation, and mouse highlighting tools. Debut Video Capture Software is shareware, your can try it for 14 days and then purchase a paid version starting from $19.99. The tool is available on Windows and macOS.
- Supports several ways to capture video.
- Mouse highlighting option.
- Records audio.
- Adds text captions and time stamp.
- Color tweaking settings.
- Captures screenshots.
- Multiple output formats.
- Scheduling option.
- Time-lapse video creation.
- Adjustable video output settings.
- Video overlay tool.
- No editing tools.
- If your use one of three available filters, you get a watermark.
IP Camera Viewer lets you monitor your home and office using IP or USB cameras. The solution can work with up to 4 cameras simultaneously while displaying video feeds on a single screen and allows you to separately tweak such video settings as orientation, frame rate, and coverage area for each IP camera in the network. The tool allows performing a digital zoom of your cameras even if your devices do not have the zoom option. IP Camera Viewer comes as a free solution and is designed for Windows 10, 8, 7, Vista, XP, 2012, and 2008.
- Works with 4 camera feeds at the same time.
- Handles thousands of different camera models.
- Adjustable live feed orientation of live feeds.
- Backup and restore feature.
- Works with IP and USB cameras.
- Multiple output formats.
- Pan and zoom option.
- No video stream recording.
- Cannot take screenshots.
- No motion detection alarms or alerts.
Our list of webcam tools includes quite efficient solutions. However, we would like to point out ManyCam as the most feature-rich program that allows you to grab screenshots, use green screen, and apply a wide range of real-time masks and filters.
What tools do you prefer when using your webcam? Please share and we'll add it to our list.