Ant Farm Simulator
Ant Farm Simulator 0.42 can be downloaded from our website for free. This free software was originally designed by Roberto Aguirre Maturana. Ant Farm Simulator belongs to Home & Hobby Tools. The following versions: 0.5 and 0.4 are the most frequently downloaded ones by the program users. The default filename for the program's installer is AntFarm.exe.
From the developer:
The goal of this software is to emulate ants ability to coordinate into the task of food-gathering, by mean of short-span individual reactions to environment events. The algorithm used on this simulation considers, among others, the following points:
- Individual ant brain does not have the enough capacity to remember neither food or nest locations.
- Ants react to the environment secreting scents, which are impregnated on the ground (odor traces).
- Odor traces have a limited persistence, vanishing as time pass.
- When an ant finds some odor trace of interest, it increase it adding some extra amount of scent.
- Ants cannot 'clean' odor traces as they find them; just increase them or ignore them. On this simulation, ants use two kind of odor marks.
You may want to check out more software, such as Farming-Simulator 2009, Farming Simulator 2013 or Farming Simulator 2011, which might be similar to Ant Farm Simulator.