Download managers increase your download speed by splitting files into several sections and simultaneously downloading them, schedule your downloads, support pausing and resuming downloads, and have many other useful functions.
- HTTP/HTTPS/FTP/BitTorrent support.
- Simultaneously download several files.
- Conveniently organize your downloads.
- Integration with Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Microsoft Edge, Internet Explorer, and Safari.
- Video and audio file preview while downloading.
- Add URLs using the drag-and-drop feature.
- Proxy support.
- Available for Windows and Mac.
- Torrent and magnet-link support.
- Snail mode: it minimizes a download speed without breaking the connection while you're talking via Skype, for example.
- Chrome and Firefox extensions.
- Modern design, use a light or dark theme.
- Scans downloaded files for viruses.
- Downloads social video and music as well as streaming media.
- Light, uses minimum system resources
- Offers additional software downloads, shows ads.
- Integration with Internet Explorer, Opera, Netscape Navigator, Mozilla, SeaMonkey, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome and Safari.
- Works with ZIP and RAR archives (preview, unpack, etc.).
- Downloads entire folders.
- Convenient file search in the download history.
- Various themes and plug-ins are supported.
- Add URLs from the clipboard or using the drag-and-drop feature.
- Easily manage downloaded files.
- HTTP, HTTPS, FTP protocol support.
- Preview video and audio files while downloading.
- No automatic updates.
- Periodically shows advertisements.
- Dynamic file segmentation.
- Automatic antivirus scan of downloaded files.
- Simultaneous downloads from several servers at the maximum speed.
- Integration with Internet Explorer, Microsoft Edge, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome and other browsers.
- Preview of .zip archives.
- Supports firewall, proxy, FTP, HTTP and HTTPS protocols, redirected cookies, etc.
- Multiple queues and periodic file synchronization.
- Sounds on events.
- Unicode support.
- Outdated interface.
- Supports HTTP, HTTPS, FTP and BitTorrent protocols.
- Clipboard batch: copy an unlimited number of files to the clipboard and add them to the queue.
- Downloads files from TXT and HTML files.
- Easily manages downloaded files and their history.
- Open source, available for Windows, Android and Linux.
- FTP authorization.
- Quiet mode: automatically downloads files to a set category.
- Multiconnection: supports up to 16 simultaneous connections.
Free Download Manager has earned the highest rating. It means FDM is the best internet download manager of 2018. We recommend using it as Free Download Manager is a modern free program for Windows and Mac, with the Snail mode, HTTP/HTTPS/FTP/BitTorrent/magnet-link support, and other useful features.
What download manager are you using? Why? Share it with us and we'll add the program to our comparison list.