VNT is a filename extension that some Android mobile phone users might already known about, as it is the format used by applications like VNote for Sony Ericsson phones or S`Memo on Samsung devices for storing text documents. Even though this type of file can be opened by almost all text editors on Windows-based systems, some of them might contain special encoding that might affect the way they are displayed. A simple solution for dealing with this problem is converting them into the generic and widely-supported text file format, TXT.
VntConverter 1.0 (Open Source) by Uwe Damken is one of the most popular choices when it comes to turning VNT files into TXT format and I will be showing you how to do that in just two simple steps. This application is also open source and extremely fast, making the entire conversion process take just a few seconds from your time.
You will need to download the following software to follow along with this tutorial.
Here is the simple two-step guide for turning your VNT files into TXT format:
Select the VNT file you want to convert to TXT. After launching the application, a window will instantly appear that will ask you to provide the input file (VNT).
After selecting the VNT file as the input, a second window will pop up that will ask you for the target directory. Simply choose the desired output location and wait for the process to finish (it will only take a second).
As you can easily see, converting VNT files into TXT with VntConverter 1.0 (Open Source) is a very simple and fast process. This application doesn't even have a graphical interface (GUI) and the entire task can be completed with just two mouse clicks. If you want to use other applications to turn your VNT memo files into TXT, you can use any of the available online services or check the tools in the "Alternative Downloads" section.
- Very fast.
- Open Source.
- No graphical interface or customization options (you can only provide the output location).
- EditPlus Text editor with built-in FTP, FTPS, and SFTP capabilities. $35 DOWNLOAD
- Notepad++ Notepad can replace Windows Notepad application, and provide additional features such as code editing. FREE DOWNLOAD
- Text Editor A java based Text Editor to save and open, modify or view the text files. DOWNLOAD
- Text Hawk Text Editor Text Hawk is a fast, multi-language Windows text editor that blends usability with simplicity. $27.99 DOWNLOAD
- TextPad General purpose editor for plain text files. $16.5 DOWNLOAD