A QR code is a barcode representation that consists of various black formations arranged in a square with a white-colored background. One of the reasons why QR codes are so popular is due to the fact that they can easily be interpreted and can store a lot more information than UPC barcodes can. This type of data is mostly used advertising and can be read with devices featuring cameras, such as smartphones. Once a QR code is scanned, the content is immediately converted to its intended form, such as a website URL or bank account information.
In this guide, I will teach you how to easily generate QR codes. This article might prove to be of good use if you need to create a QR code which, when scanned by your website's visitors, will give immediate access to a certain webpage or other types of information.
There are plenty of online services that can help you generate QR codes. However, they usually provide you with a minimum amount of output configurations. For this reason, in this guide, I will show you how to create QR codes with a desktop utility. A good example comes from the TEC-IT company and is called QR-Code Studio. Here's what you need to do in order to create QR codes with the aforementioned utility:
Launch the program on your PC.
Click the "Input Assistant" button.
Select the preferred QR code type and enter the necessary information. Select the "Apply" option and click the "OK" button.
Click the "Export" button from the main menu of the tool. Select the preferred output format (BMP, GIF, JPG, PNG or TIF) and destination folder. Click the "Save" button.
Clearly, it's very simple to generate QR codes on your Windows PC. The aforementioned steps can easily be completed even by a beginner computer user and QR-Code Studio works flawlessly. Other good examples for generating QR codes come from programs like Labeljoy, QuarkXPress or SDR Free QR Code Generator. The question is: which Windows tool you think it's the best for creating QR codes? Let us know in the comments section below.
- CodeTwo QR Code Desktop Reader CodeTwo QR Code Desktop Reader & Generator is a free tool that will let you quickly scan any QR Code from your screen – be it a part of the website... FREE DOWNLOAD
- CodeTwo QR Code Desktop Reader & Generator CodeTwo QR Code Desktop Reader & Generator Scan and generate QR codes on your PC CodeTwo QR Code... FREE DOWNLOAD
- LabelJoy The best Label printing software to automatically generate barcodes and QR codes from any data source with a WYSIWYG interface! $39 DOWNLOAD
- QuarkXPress WYSIWYG document editing program for Windows. $1905.86 DOWNLOAD
- SDR Free QR Code Generator QR Code Scanner apps that can quickly link you to important data... FREE DOWNLOAD