Recovering accidentally deleted photos from your computer, memory cards or other storage devices is a very simple process, and there are many tools you can use in order to achieve this goal. However, there are situations in which some of the recovered pictures become damaged or corrupted during the process, making them unviewable. Pictures might also get corrupted during power failures, in case of virus infections, interrupted network transfers, and other scenarios. Luckily, there are a few applications that can help you fix this problem, and I will show you how to do that in the following guide.
For this demonstration, I have chosen File Repair because it is a free-to-use utility that is quite easy to use, and it can even help you repair other types of corrupted or damaged files, not just photos.
You will need to download the following software to follow along with this tutorial.
Here is a simple step-by-step guide for repairing your corrupted images
After launching File Repair, select the desired photo you want to repair by clicking on the "browse" button. You can open JPEG, GIF, BMP, TIFF, PNG or RAW images.
Once you have provided the path to your corrupted picture, simply click on the "Start Repair" button to begin the process. Additionally, you can change the output location by clicking on the "Change" link or directly open the output folder by clicking on "Browse".
Wait for the process to be completed (the status will be displayed in the "Process log" area), and you can start using your repaired pictures in any way you desire.
As you can see, recovering corrupted images using File Repair is a very simple process, and it is pretty straightforward as this application doesn't provide you with any additional menus or settings. If you want to use more advanced or customizable programs to repair your photos, you can always browse the list below and choose the one that suits your needs.
If you have any questions or suggestions regarding this topic, you can leave me a message in the comment section.
- Best Image Repair Best Image Repair is an application that offers you the possibility to repair... $44.95 DOWNLOAD
- File Repair You can send us your file for the manual repair of the file. Our repair experts... FREE DOWNLOAD
- Picture Doctor Picture Doctor is a jpeg repair tool for damaged graphic files. It can recover... $99.99 DOWNLOAD
- PixRecovery PixRecovery repairs corrupted JPEG, GIF, TIFF, BMP, PNG or RAW images (.jpg... $49 DOWNLOAD
- Serif PhotoPlus PhotoPlus makes advanced tasks like editing RAW files and HDR imaging... FREE DOWNLOAD
- Stellar Phoenix JPEG Repair Stellar Phoenix JPEG Repair lets you recover corrupted or damaged JPEG photos.... $39 DOWNLOAD