ApE (Universal) 2.0.47 for Mac is free to download from our application library. The most popular version among the program users is 2.0. The unique ID for this application's bundle is com.tcltk.ape. The most frequent installer filename for the application is: ape_osx_current.dmg.
This free Mac app was originally developed by M. Wayne Davis. The program lies within Education Tools, more precisely Science. This Mac download was scanned by our antivirus and was rated as malware free. The latest setup package occupies 7.2 MB on disk.
From the developer:
ApE is the acronym for A plasmid Editor.
- Highlights restriction sites in the editing window
- Accurately reflects Dam/Dcm blocking of enzyme sites
- Highlights text using pre-defined and custom feature libraries
- Shows translation, Tm, %GC, ORF of selected DNA in real-time
- Reads DNA Strider, Fasta, Genbank and EMBL files
- Creates graphic restriction maps- linear or circular with features indicated
You may want to check out more Mac applications, such as Universal Media Server, Wing Chun University or Universal Replayer, which might be similar to ApE (Universal).