JEDict 5.0 for Mac can be downloaded from our software library for free. The bundle id for JEDict for Mac is com.jedictx. The most frequent installer filenames for the application are: JEDict47.dmg and jedict471.dmg etc. This Mac app is an intellectual property of Sergey Kurkin. The size of the latest installer available for download is 22.2 MB. JEDict for Mac relates to Education Tools. The most popular versions of the tool are 4.9 and 4.7. Our antivirus check shows that this Mac download is clean.
From the developer:
JEDict 4 is multilingual dictionary capable to search any plain text files including:
- EDICT dictionaries - all Japanese-English dictionaries from Monash University FTP Archive.
- Wadoku JT - Japanisch-Deutsches elektronisches Wörterbuch.
- BEDIC dictionaries - *.DIC and *.DZ dictionaries from BEDIC project.
- XDXF files.
- EIJIRO files (these dictionaries are not free).
- HanDeDict - Chinese-German Dictionary
- EPWING dictionaries.
Originally JEDict was developed as Japanese-English dictionary, therefore it supports all conceivable methods of kanji lookup.
JEDict has internal text editor, multilingual user dictionary, JLPT list viewer and web browser with contextual word translation.
You may want to check out more software for Mac, such as Just Translate, Infovox iVox or SpeakToMe, which might be similar to JEDict.