Download Sky Atlas 1.0 from our software library for free. The most popular version among Sky Atlas users is 1.0. The actual developer of the free program is Marc R. Baril. SkyAtlas.exe is the default file name to indicate this program's installer. The latest installer takes up 18.5 MB on disk. Sky Atlas belongs to Home & Hobby Tools. This download was checked by our built-in antivirus and was rated as malware free.
From the developer:
You have the choice of spherical, cylindrical, Lambert and Mercator projections.
All coordinates are precessed to the nearest Julian day at which the sky is being viewed. If proper motions are available then these are used to correct star positions. Planet positions are accurate to 30 arcseconds over the next 180 years.
- Creates simple maps for printing out.
- Has a quick pop-up legend for the object symbols used.
- Colours the stars according to spectral type.
- Hide or show objects below the horizon.
- Translates Dreyer codes used in the RNGC catalogue into plain English.
- Catalogues include commonly used names for the objects.
- Object search engine.
- Images for all catalogued objects.
You may want to check out more software, such as ATLAS.ti, Atlas Desktop or Atlas Subtitler, which might be related to Sky Atlas.