Perform a wide range of mathematical calculations and work with complex variables, ordinary differential equations, systems of linear equations and polynomials. Access Maxima commands via menus and use multiple templates for Maxima functions and variables.
wxMaxima 0.8.1 can be downloaded from our website for free. The following versions: 0.8, 0.7 and 0.6 are the most frequently downloaded ones by the program users. WxMaxima relates to Education Tools. The actual developer of the free program is Andrej Vodopivec. The most frequent installer filename for the software is: wxMaxima.exe. Our built-in antivirus scanned this download and rated it as virus free.
From the developer:
wxMaxima is a cross platform GUI for the computer algebra system Maxima based on wxWidgets.
- 2D formatted math display: wxMaxima implements its own math display engine to nicely display maxima output.
- Menu system: most Maxima commands are available through menus. Most used functions are also available through a button panel below the document.
- Dialogs: commands which require more that one argument can be entered through dialogs so that there is no need to remember the exact syntax.
- Create documents: text can be mixed with math calculations to create documents. Documents can be saved and edited again later.
- Animations: version 0.7.4 adds support for simple animations.
- Command completion: version 0.8.
You may want to check out more software, such as LoadRunner, Panel or Lasergene, which might be similar to wxMaxima.