LRC is a text-based file format that is used for storing lyrics that are synchronized with an audio file. This type of file can be loaded by modern audio players in order to display the lyrics of a song while the file is playing (could be useful if you want to sing along with your favorite track). MP3, as most of you already know, is the popular audio format that is commonly used as a solution for storing and playing music files on computer and various devices. It is one of the most widely used audio formats available on the Internet. Turning your LRC files into MP3 can help you out if you want to listen to how the lyrics of your favorite songs sound like using a computer-generated voice (at least it's the only reason that I could think of).
Converting LRC files into MP3 is a pretty simple task and all you need is a text-to-speech application that has the capability to export texts as MP3 files, like SpeakComputers Free Text to Speech 2.6 (Freeware) from SpeakComputers. I have chosen to demonstrate the process using this tool because it is a free program that provides users with a simple method of exporting texts to MP3 files, as you will soon see.
You will need to download the following software to follow along with this tutorial.
These are the simple steps that you will have to complete:
Due to the fact that LRC are text-based files, open you file using a text editor (Notepad will do) and copy the lyrics.
After launching SpeakComputers Free Text to Speech, click on the "Reader" button and wait for the program to load.
Paste the copied lyrics and select the desired voice from the drop-down list. You can press the "play" button to hear how the text sounds like. Additionally, you can even increase or decrease the voice speed by using the slide bar located right under the voice selection area.
Click on the "Export to MP3" button (see image) and select the output location.
a. Download additional voices from the developer's website by clicking on the "More TTS voices" tab.
b. You can listen to words and keystrokes (letters) as you type them by clicking on the "Echo Keys" button from the menu bar.
As you can see, turning LRC files into MP3 with SpeakComputers Free Text to Speech 2.6 (Freeware) is a pretty simple process and it will take very little of your time (it took me about 2 seconds to turn the lyrics of a song into MP3). By looking at the program's menu bar, you might notice that it also gives you the possibility to export your lyrics and texts to WAV files, not just MP3. If you want to download and install other applications that will help you with this task, then check the related programs list below.
- Can export text to MP3 and WAV.
- Can only change the speed of the voice (no pitch or other settings).
- 2nd Speech Center 2nd Speech Center is an award-winning text-to-speech player that lets you... $39.95 DOWNLOAD
- Advanced Text To Speech Free your Eyes: All new Advanced Text to Speech 3.6 (ATTS) is a Text to Speech... DOWNLOAD
- Speak Aloud "Speak Aloud is a piece of text to speech (TTS) software. It can read text... $29.95 DOWNLOAD
- SpeakComputers Free Text to Speech SpeakComputer is an easy to use lightweight text to speech software solution.... FREE DOWNLOAD
- Text to Speech Maker Let you listen to documents, e-mails or web pages instead of reading on... $24.95 DOWNLOAD
- Text-to-Speech Master Text-to-Speech Master is very powerful and interesting program that lets you... $24.95 DOWNLOAD
- TextSound TextSound is the text-to-speech file converter! You can batch convert your text... DOWNLOAD
- Verbose Text to Speech Verbose is an easy and convenient text to speech converter that can read aloud... $40 DOWNLOAD