Some of you might now know exactly what VOB files are or what they are used for. Well, a simple definition for a VOB file is that it's a media format that is used to store the video data of a DVD disc. Whenever you will browse a DVD disc (using Windows Explorer or a similar program) you will see a VIDEO_TS folder that will contain VOB files, along with other types of files that are commonly used for storing information about the DVD (navigation, menus and so on). Now that you know what VOB files are, let's see why extracting MP3 files from VOB videos can be a good idea. The main reason for doing this is simply because you might want to save the soundtrack of a DVD movie on your computer, and what better audio format to use, if not the popular and widely-supported MP3?
I will show you how to convert a VOB video into an MP3 audio using Aura Video to Audio Converter 1.6 (Freeware) by Aura4You Multimedia Software. This application was chosen because of its professional design and multitude of features, including the possibility to extract audio files from multiple videos at once (batch mode).
You will need to download the following software to follow along with this tutorial.
Here is the step-by-step tutorial for converting VOB videos into MP3 audio files
Add the VOB video files (click on the "Add Video" button from the menu bar).
Select MP3 as the output format (see image).
You can trim the VOB video to any desired length by clicking on the scissors icon next to the loaded file (as show in the image below).
Set the desired output folder and change some other settings by accessing the "Options" menu under the "Edit" tab.
Click on the "Convert" button to start the process.
a. You can modify the audio parameters for the output file.
b. Download videos from popular websites (click on the "Download" button from the menu bar).
After the process is finishes, you will be able to instantly open the output folder with just a mouse click and view a list of all your converted and downloaded files (select the group you want from the menu on the left side of the main window). As you can probably tell, extracting MP3 files from your VOB videos with Aura Video to Audio Converter 1.6 (Freeware) is a pretty straightforward process and it won't require you to have any special skills. Just follow the guide and convert your files in no time. If you want to search for other application, with advanced features or different design, take a look at the "Alternative Downloads" section below.
- Professional-looking interface.
- Support for batch conversion.
- Free to use.
- Support for almost all video formats.
- Can't save newly created profile.
- Audio parameters are modified for all files.
- AHD VOB Converter VOB Converter is designed for backuping your favorite DVD movies and videos to... $29.77 DOWNLOAD
- Aura Video to Audio Converter With Aura Video to Audio, the free video to audio converter and free audio... FREE DOWNLOAD
- MP3 Converter MP3 Converter can convert video and audio files to MP3. It provides a simple... $29.95 DOWNLOAD
- Video Converter Video Converter is potent and expeditious converter in transforming video... DOWNLOAD