If you are a Linux user or a software/game developer, then you have probably heard about the new OGG Vorbis audio format. If not, OGG is an open-source audio file format that applies better compression rates than the popular MP3. For example, an OGG file, compressed at the same bitrate as an MP3, will occupy less disk space, while an OGG file of the same size as an MP3 will have a better quality. The great thing about OGG is that it is free to use (you won't have to worry about licensing), so you can include them in your software and computer games without paying any fees. Despite the many advantages that OGG files have over the MP3 format, this file type doesn't enjoy the support that the latter does, therefore, converting these types of files can come in handy if your favorite music player or audio editor can't open OGG. It can also be quite useful if you want to listen to your favorite songs on your smartphone or any other hand-held device.
For demonstrating the conversion process I have chosen Free Audio Converter 5.0 from DVDVideoSoft Ltd, because it is a highly-ranked, free-to-use, and efficient application that will help you complete the job in no time. It can also save your time by allowing you to change an entire OGG music collection into MP3 files in one go (batch conversion).
You will need to download the following software to keep up with this tutorial.
Here is the step-by-step conversion guide
Add the OGG audio files you want to convert to MP3 (click on the "Add Files" button).
Select MP3 as the output format. You can also choose one of the available quality presets.
Change the output folder location (if desired) and click on the "Convert" button to begin the process.
a. Modify any of the available presets or create new ones by accessing the "Preset Editor" (click on the wand icon next to the preset).
b. Change the metadata information (tags) of your output file. To open the tag editor, simply click on the "Tags" button.
After the conversion process is complete, you may instantly open the output folder and quickly access the MP3 files with a single mouse click. You can even set the program to create an M3U playlist containing all of your converted files. As you can see, turning OGG files into MP3 with Free Audio Converter 5.0 is a simple process and it shouldn't pose any problems, even for the utmost beginners. If you want to perform the conversion task using other applications, then check the "Alternative Downloads" list below.
- Easy to use
- Good-looking interface
- Bach conversion
- Preset editor
- Support for multiple formats
- 4Musics OGG to MP3 Converter $19 The beauty of using 4Musics OGG to MP3 Converter is that it works from the right click menu on a file. Windows DOWNLOAD
- Afree MP3 AMR OGG Converter $14.99 All-in-one and excellent audio converter which can help you convert between popular audio formats including MP3... Windows DOWNLOAD
- Akram Audio Converter $24 Convert between Audio files. The program also supports extracting audio from Real video files. 1. Windows DOWNLOAD
- Audio MP3 Converter $19.95 Audio MP3 Converter converts audio formats MP3, WAV, WMA, OGG, VQF. Windows DOWNLOAD
- Free Audio Converter FREE All-in-one audio converter and extractor, you can also convert files in batches. Windows DOWNLOAD
- OGG to MP3 Converter FREE Small but handy audio converter that can work fine with OGG (Vorbis) audio and MP3 audio... Windows DOWNLOAD