In case you didn't know, PPT files are presentation files that are creating using the popular Microsoft PowerPoint application. This type of file is commonly used by corporations and other types of organizations for displaying mind maps, plans, graphs and other visual elements. VCD, short for Video CD is a type of Compact Disc that only contains video files compressed using the MPEG standard. You can say that a VCD is a smaller and simpler version of a video DVD. If you want to share your PPT presentations with other users you can either do that over the Internet or, if you want to work in an offline environment, simply burn them to a VCD. This way, you can play your presentations on DVD players (as most DVD players offer support for VCD) or on personal computers without having to install specialized applications.
I will show you how you can convert your PPT files to the MPEG format and burn them on a VCD using E.M. PowerPoint Video Converter 3.2 PRO (Shareware) by EffectMatrix Inc. This application was chosen, mostly because it is one of the most popular tools that can transform your Microsoft PowerPoint presentations to a Video CD (among multiple other formats) and it is quite easy to use.
You will need to download the following software to follow along with this tutorial.
Here are the step-by-step instructions for converting PPT files to VCD
Add the PPT files that you want to convert to VCD. Click on the "New Task" button from the main interface and individually add the files or select an entire folder.
Choose VCD (NTSC or PAL) from the available format list, as seen in the image below.
Select the output folder (and, optionally, the filename) for the MPEG video file.
You can modify the type of compression used (one or two compressions) and the transition between slides directly from the main interface.
Add an audio file from your computer as background music (check the "Add audio file" button).
Click the "Convert" button and wait for the process to end (first, the application will convert your PPT files to an MPEG video).
Click on "Yes" when the pop-up message appears in order to start the burning process.
Select VCD as the "Burn Type".
Choose the desired device for burning and click on the "Next" button.
Start the burning process and wait for your VCD to be written.
a. You can trim the loaded PPT file by clicking on the "Trim" button from the main interface.
b. Change the codec used for encoding the video file by accessing the "Options" menu and clicking on the "Video options" tab.
c. Resize the output video ("Video resize" tab under "Options").
Congratulations! You have successfully created a Video CD containing your PPT presentation. As you can see, converting PPT files into a VCD using E.M. PowerPoint Video Converter 3.2 might seem a bit complicated, but the presented step-by-step guide should help you create your Video CD without any problems. This application also offers you a "burning wizard" that will guide you through the burning process. You want a replacement for this tool, then you might want to check the programs on the "Alternative Downloads" list.
- Batch conversion.
- Customization options.
- Burning wizard.
- Support for large number of formats.
- Burning to VCD without watermarks only available in the Pro version (Shareware $45.95).
- E.M. PowerPoint Video Converter E.M. PowerPoint Video Converter is an all-in-one PowerPoint to video converter.... $45.95 DOWNLOAD
- Microsoft Office PowerPoint Microsoft PowerPoint 2010 gives you more ways to create and share dynamic... $139.99 DOWNLOAD
- Moyea PPT to DVD Burner Benefits of using Moyea PPT to DVD Burner: 1. No need computer, PowerPoint... DOWNLOAD
- PowerPoint DVD Converter PowerPoint DVD Converter enables you to convert your PowerPoint presentations... DOWNLOAD
- PowerPoint to Video DVD PowerPoint to DVD lets you easily convert PowerPoint presentations (ppt) into... $59.95 DOWNLOAD
- PowerPoint2DVD PowerPoint2DVD is a PowerPoint to DVD software that can convert your PowerPoint... $99.95 DOWNLOAD