FLV, also known as Flash Video, represents a video format very popular among Internet users, as it is the primary file type used by almost all video sharing websites, including the famous Youtube. This type of file can also be embedded in SWF files and it is commonly applied for storing video data in high quality. AVI is one of the most used media formats for storing movies and other video files on Windows-based computer. Therefore, converting AVI files to FLV format seems an easy way to upload all your favorite videos to popular websites and share them with other users.
For demonstrating the conversion process, I have chosen Riva FLV Encoder 2.0 (Freeware) by Rothenberger Global Training Solutions, mostly because it offers a quick way to transform AVI videos into FLV format, without making you go through complicated menus or open various windows to modify parameters. This tool keeps the job simple and straight to the point.
You will need to download the following software to keep up with this tutorial.
Here is an easy step-by-step guide for turning AVI videos into FLV files
Add the desired AVI video file ("Browse").
Select the output directory and, optionally, the name of the FLV file.
You can modify the size of the output video, its frame rate, bit rate, add a starting offset, and change other parameters simply by providing the desired values in the corresponding boxes located in the right side of the main interface (you can also save the modifications as a preset for later use with a single mouse click).
Click on the "Encode" button and wait for the process to finish (you will receive the "Encoding successful!" message).
This application comes with a built-in video player that will let you view the output FLV file by clicking on the "Preview" button.
As you can see, converting AVI videos to FLV files using Riva FLV Encoder 2.0 (Freeware) is a very simple process that shouldn't pose any problems even for an utmost beginner. If you want to download and install applications with more advanced features, then check the "Alternative Downloads" list.
- Very easy to use
- Fast conversion speed
- A few customization options
- Lack of features
- No batch conversion support
- Boxoft free AVI to FLV Converter FREE Powerful batch program for you to convert AVI files to FLV video or audio format documents. Windows DOWNLOAD
- Ultra WMV MPEG AVI to FLV Converter $29 Powerful, easy-to-use video to SWF/FLV converter, which can convert AVI to FLV... Windows DOWNLOAD
- WinX Free AVI to FLV Converter FREE WinX Free AVI to FLV Converter, a best free AVI to FLV converter software... Windows DOWNLOAD
- Xilisoft FLV Converter $29.95 It can convert videos to FLV format and vice versa. Windows DOWNLOAD