How to convert CMYK to RGB with Color Archiver
Both RGB and CMYK are color models that are well-known by graphic designers. The main difference between these two schemes is the fact that RGB uses Red, Green and Blue tones to create a color and it is commonly used when displaying images on a screen (monitor, LCD, TV, camera etc.), while CMYK adds Cyan, Magenta, Yellow and Key (Black) in order to created the desired color when printing images on paper. Therefore, having a way to quickly switch between these two color schemes can prove to be very useful, especially if you design computer graphics.
For demonstrating the conversion process, I have chosen Color Archiver 2.4 (Freeware) by Priya Ranjan, mostly because it is a free tool that will help you change your CMYK color values into RGB in a very simple manner, as you will see in the following guide.
You will need to download the following software to follow along with this tutorial.
Here are the steps that you will need to complete in order to convert your CMYK values to RGB
Select CMYK color scheme from the drop-down menu.
Type in each value for the CMYK color scheme. The color will instantly be converted.
Copy the RGB values to the clipboard by clicking the button (the button next to the instantly converted values).
a. You can select any color from your screen by clicking on the "eye dropper" icon located in the lower part of the interface. Simply click-and-drag to select the desired color.
b. Search for any desired color by typing their name (for example "black" or "red") as seen in the image below.
c. Save color presets for later use (click on the "Add color value to file" button).
As you can clearly notice from the presented guide, changing the CMYK color values into RGB code using Color Archiver 2.4 (Freeware) is a pretty simple process. The color values are instantly converted and you are given the possibility to copy them to the clipboard with just a click of a mouse. If you are looking for other applications that will help you do that, then you can take a look at the programs found on the "Alternative Downloads" list.
- Instant conversion.
- Very easy to use.
- Convert between various color values.
- Basic interface design.
- The interface seems a bit crowded.
- Color Archiver free windows Tiny utility to act as your color diary and is very useful for web developers. Download
- Color Picker Pro by BinaryMark $42.10 windows Color Picker Pro allows you to pick colors in 2 ways such as you move the mouse... Download
- KML Color... free windows With the help of KML Color Converter you can pick and mix colors and get the respective codes in 7 systems: KML... Download
- PatchTool $125 windows Designed to import, measure, process, and export color lists in a color-managed environment. Download