ISO is one of the most popular disk image formats (a disk image is, basically, a copy of a CD or DVD disc, stored on a hard drive) and it is supported by almost all image burning and extracting applications. This type of disk image is very efficient for storing optical disks that contain video content and data, but, when dealing with Audio CDs, you might want to find another format for storing them, such as the BIN/CUE file type (BIN is the actual disk image format and CUE is a sheet file that contains information about the image). BIN files are also used for storing multisession DVDs. A downside of BIN/CUE files is the fact that you will always have to manage two files (BIN file and CUE sheet) instead of a single one (like ISO).
Therefore, changing your BIN/CUE files to ISO format is a good idea when dealing with optical discs containing video/data files, mostly because of the large support that ISO files enjoy when talking about applications that handle disk images (burn, extract, mount, etc.).
Now, I will show you how to convert CUE files (BIN/CUE) to ISO format using the shareware WinISO 6.4, because it is a powerful, yet easy-to-use applications that will let you create ISO images in no time and with just a few clicks of a mouse.
You will need to download the following software to follow along with this tutorial.
There are steps that you need to complete in order to convert you files:
Access the conversion menu (either go to “Tools” menu and select “Convert Image File Format” or click on the “Convert” button from the menu bar) as seen in the image below:
WinISO conversation menu
Select the source file (“Browse”);
Choose the ISO format from the drop-down menu list (and rename the output file, if desired);
Click on the “Ok” button and wait for the process to finish.
With WinISO you can also:
- Create new disk images from your files, folders and optical discs.
- Burn saved disk images to CDs and DVDs (can also help you create bootable discs)
- Mount saves disk images on a virtual drive.
When the process is over, you may find the file in the output folder that you've set. As you see, converting with WinISO is an easy task, and everything is working just fine after the conversion. If you'd like to get more advanced software, check the section below.
- Fast conversion speed
- Mount and burn disk images
- Convert between multiple disk image formats
- Intuitive interface
- High cost
- AnyBurn AnyBurn is a lightweight CD / DVD / Blu-ray burning software for Windows users.... FREE DOWNLOAD
- MagicISO MagicISO is a powerful CD/DVD image file creating/editing/extra cting tool. It... $29.95 DOWNLOAD
- PowerISO PowerISO allows you to open, extract, burn, create, edit, compress, encrypt... $29.95 DOWNLOAD
- gBurner gBurner is a powerful and easy-to-use CD/DVD/BD burning software, which allows... $29.95 DOWNLOAD