Many of us use iTunes as a default media player and, honestly, I don't see why we shouldn't. We can play video and audio files, download songs from the Internet, synchronize our iOS device with our Mac and more, all with the help of one tool. However, even if iTunes offers support for several media formats, FLAC isn't one of them and if you are an audiophile, this might be quite inconvenient.
In case you aren't sure, FLAC is a free audio format designed mainly for storing high-quality audio data, due to the fact that it uses a lossless compression method to encode the data. Simply put, FLAC files can store audio data without losing the original source's quality.
One of the available solutions for playing FLAC audio files using iTunes and other media players like it (FLAC isn't supported by many Mac apps) is turning them into the popular MP3 format. By doing this you can even upload your FLAC songs to your iPhone or other iOS device and listen to them whenever and wherever you want.
To demonstrate the conversion process, I have chosen the freeware All2MP3 v.2.08 by TresRRR because it is one of the most popular audio converters for Mac and it is extremely efficient and easy to use. It can even convert a batch of audio files into MP3 format, saving youÐº time when you deal with multiple items.
You will need to download the following software to follow along with this tutorial.
These are three simple steps that you will have to complete in order to convert your FLAC files to MP3:
Add necessary FLAC files. You can drag-and-drop your audio files directly on the interface or click the "Add" button and select each file you want to convert.
After adding the chosen FLAC files, a new window will appear (see image below). Here you will be able to change the output folder location, select the quality of your MP3 file (I would suggest the "Super" quality if you don't want to lose much and you are not concerned about the file size) and even make the app trash the original files after the conversion is completed. You can also add any extra files to convert to the MP3 format by clicking on the "Add" button.
Press the "Convert" button in order to start the process.
As you could probably notice, All2MP3 provides you with a straightforward way to convert multiple types of media files into the MP3 format without having to deal with many complicated settings. After the conversion task is completed, you are supposed to find the selected output folder manually as the program doesn't offer you an instant access to the converted files.
Some users might say that a downside of All2MP3 is its ability to convert to MP3 only, but this is what this app was designed for and it perfectly fits the user's needs.
If you are looking for other applications that will help you convert your FLAC files to MP3, then check the related programs list below.
- Very easy to use
- Batch conversion support
- Support for both audio and video formats as input files
- Very few customization options (you can only select the quality of the output MP3 file)
- Aiseesoft FLAC to MP3 Converter for Mac Powerful FLAC to MP3 Audio Converter for Mac... $19 DOWNLOAD
- Any FLAC Converter Must-have FLAC converter to help users to convert FLAC to mp3... FREE DOWNLOAD
- Bigasoft FLAC Converter FLAC stands for Free Lossless Audio Codec. $19.95 DOWNLOAD
- Music Converter Pro Quickly and simply convert your albums, music and sound files to all popular formats. $9.99 DOWNLOAD
- My Music Converter Free Free version of My Music Converter. FREE DOWNLOAD
- Super Music Converter It can convert all video and audio formats to any audio format according to user’s needs. FREE DOWNLOAD