Musicians might already know that a MIDI file is an audio format that was designed to store music recorded from electronic musical instruments. Compared to other audio formats, MIDI files don't store actual songs, but rather pieces of information about the notation, pitch, velocity and many other parameters (such as volume, panning or clock signals). This type of file is also used for exchanging information between connected musical instruments (synthesizers, drum machines, keyboards and so on). WAV is one of the first audio formats used on Windows-based computers (it was the default format on Windows 3.1) and it stores musical data without using any compression. This way, the stored sound has about the same quality as the original, even if it will occupy more disk space, compared to other audio formats (like MP3 or WMA).
Turning MIDI files into WAV can prove to be quite useful in various situations. For example, if you want to transfer you home-made music to your portable device (audio player or mobile phone) or you simply want to burn an audio CD, then converting your MIDI files into WAV is a simple way to do that.
I will show you how easy it is to convert MIDI files into WAV using AV MIDI Converter 1.0 (Freeware), because it is quite a popular application that is able to complete the task without any problems. It also comes with a good-looking graphical interface and gives you the possibility to convert multiple files at once (batch conversion), saving you time when dealing with a large audio collection.
You will need to download the following software to follow along with this tutorial.
Here are the simple steps that you will have to complete in order to convert your MIDI files into WAV
Add the MIDI files you want to convert. To do that, you can either click on the "Browse" button (you can't miss it) or simply drag-and-drop the files onto the interface.
Select WAV as the output format from the list.
Change the codec settings by accessing the configuration menu by clicking on the "Advanced codec settings" link (right under the selected format). Form there, you can modify the average and variable bit rate (it affects the size of the output file and its quality) as well as the quality of the output file.
Click on "Convert Now" (located right in the middle of the interface) to start the process and select the desired output location.
a. Change the default output directory by accessing the "Options" menu and clicking on the "Convert" tab. From here, you can also modify the file naming settings and choose what to do after the conversion task is completed (open destination folder, play a sound, remove the MIDI files from the list).
b. Modify some Wave output parameters and several other settings by clicking on the "Synthesizer" tab.
After the conversion process ends, the output folder will automatically be opened so that you can quickly access your WAV files. Turning MIDI files into WAV with the stylish AV MIDI Converter 1.0 (Freeware) is a simple task, as you might have noticed, and you can even view the conversion status and any errors that might have occurred during the task in real-time. If you want to download and install other applications that will help you convert your files, then feel free to browse the "Alternative Downloads" section.
- Batch conversion.
- Good-looking interface.
- Fast conversion speed.
- Output customization.
- Direct MIDI to MP3 Converter $29.95 Fast audio utility that allows you to convert MIDI to MP3, WAV, WMA and OGG formats. Windows DOWNLOAD
- MIDI Converter Studio $199.95 Designed for the conversion of MIDI (MID, MIDI) and KARAOKE (KAR) files into MP3, WAV... Windows DOWNLOAD
- MIDI to WAV Converter $29.95 Audio converter designed to convert MIDI files into WAV. Windows DOWNLOAD
- MIDIRenderer $24.95 MIDI rendering software that allows you to convert MIDI to MP3... Windows DOWNLOAD
- Midi Converter $25 Easy-to-use tool to convert MIDI files to the WAV format with CD quality. Windows DOWNLOAD
- Midi2Wav Recorder 29,95 Software that enables you to convert MIDI to WAV, MIDI to MP3 and MIDI to WMA files. Windows DOWNLOAD
- Rapid MIDI to MP3 Converter $19.95 Convert MIDI tunes into high-quality MP3, WMA, OGG, WAV or M4A files in just seconds! Windows DOWNLOAD