Before explaining why converting PDF files to BMP images can be pretty helpful, let's talk a bit about these two popular formats. BMP, also known as Windows bitmap, is a type of graphics file that is compatible with all Windows programs, but not very popular among web users due to their large size. PDF is basically a file format that has the capability of storing all kinds of electronic documents and even images. This type of file was designed as a solution for exchanging documents and photos across multiple platforms and it is supported by a large number of applications. The main reason for extracting images from PDF documents and saving them as BMP pictures is for editing purposes, because manipulating a photo within a PDF file is not as easy as using an actual graphics format supported by all image editors.
To demonstrate the conversion process, I have chosen Tipard Free PDF to BMP Converter 3.1 (Freeware) by Tipard Studio, because it has a great-looking interface, can batch convert PDF files to BMP images, and it is very easy to use and free.
You will need to download the following software to keep up with this tutorial.
Here is the simple step-by-step guide for converting PDF files to BMP images
Add the desired PDF files (click on the "Add PDF File(s)" button from the menu bar or go to "File" and select "Add File(s)" or "Add Folder").
Select the output folder (or choose to save the files in the source folder). You can also change the name of the output file with a simple click of a mouse (see the image below).
Click on the "Convert" button (the big red button with PDF written on it).
As you can see, the process of converting PDF files to BMP format is very simple as you won't have to deal with any menus or settings whatsoever (the only "setting" that you can modify is the location of the output folder and the frequency of the automatic updates). The converted files won't contain any watermarks or other unwanted graphical elements. If you are looking for other applications with advanced options, then you might want to take a look at the programs found in the "Alternative Downloads" list.
- Great-looking interface
- Very simple conversion process
- Free to use
- Support for batch conversion
- A-PDF To Image Fast, affordable way to batch convert PDF files to image formats. $27 DOWNLOAD
- OverPDF PDF to Image Converter Convert PDF to BMP, JPG, JPEG, GIF, PCX, PNG, TIF and TIFF in one easy step. $35.95 DOWNLOAD
- PDF to BMP Converter Standalone program that allows you to convert PDF to BMP image directly and doesn't requires Adobe Acrobat and other library. $59 DOWNLOAD
- PDF to Image 2009 To convert PDF to PNG, JPEG, BMP, TIFF and PCX, output high quality image file, It is fast... $49.5 DOWNLOAD
- PDFZilla Convert PDF documents into various formats including MS Word (DOC)... $49.95 DOWNLOAD
- Tipard Free PDF to BMP Converter Program that allows you to convert PDF file to BMP. FREE DOWNLOAD