Even though many of us have heard about Microsoft's popular presentation software, PowerPoint, not all are familiar with the PPS filename extension. The main difference between the standard format used for presentations, PPT, and the one mentioned earlier is the fact that PPS files are opened directly in presentation mode, while PPT files are opened in design/edit mode (you will have to click on a button to start the presentation). PDF is a popular file format that was designed to allow users to store all types of electronic documents, from research papers and technical drawings to electronic books (eBooks) and even image collections.
Creating PDF documents form your PPS files can be a good idea for many reasons. For example, if you want to share your presentations across multiple platforms or you want to secure your PPS files, then turning them into PDF documents is a simple solution, as this portable type of file can not be edited without leaving a footprint (it is "read only") and you can easily add a user password to secure its content. These are just two of the many reasons why someone might need to convert PPS files to PDF documents.
I will show you how to create PDF documents from PPS files using Moyea PPT to PDF Converter 1.2 (Freeware) by Moyea Software, because it is a tool that comes with a simple, yet stylish design and it can batch convert files in no time (transform multiple PPS files to PDF documents).
You will need to download the following software to follow along with this tutorial.
Here are the required steps that you will need to complete in order to convert your PPS presentations to PDF documents:
Add your PPS files by either clicking on the "Add" button or dragging and dropping them directly onto the program's interface.
Choose the desired output folder and compatibility mode (from the drop-down menu) as shown in the image below. You can even rename the output file simply by clicking on the names in the "Destination File" tab.
Customize your output PDF files by accessing the "Settings" menu. You can change the color models, select to compress the file, embed fonts and more.
Click on the "Convert" button and wait for the process to finish.
After the conversion process is completed, you will be given the possibility to either open the output folder or directly open the converted PDF files with just a click of a mouse (as displayed in the next image). As you can probably tell, the entire process using Moyea PPT to PDF Converter 1.2 (Freeware) is very simple and we've converted the files without any problems whatsoever. Furthermore, the program won't add any watermarks or other elements. If you are looking for applications with more advanced features, then feel free to check the "Alternative downloads" section.
- Support for batch conversion.
- Can convert other types of files to PDF.
- Free to use.
- Customizable output.
- Fast conversion speed.
- Aostsoft PPS PPSX to PDF Converter Fast and easy converter which is designed to convert PowerPoint PPS PPSX format files to PDF in batches. $45.95 DOWNLOAD
- Convert PPT to PDF For PowerPoint Fast, affordable way to create professional-quality documents in the popular PDF file format. $49.95 DOWNLOAD
- CutePDF Writer Portable Document Format (PDF) is the de facto standard for the secure and reliable distribution... FREE DOWNLOAD
- Moyea PPT to PDF Converter Moyea PPT to PDF Converter (Word, Excel, PowerPoint to PDF) is a free... FREE DOWNLOAD
- PowerPoint/PPT to Pdf Converter Create PDF file from documents including ppt, pptx, pptm. $69.95 DOWNLOAD
- doPDF Create PDF documents. You can create high quality PDF files (i.e. for printing) or smaller files... FREE DOWNLOAD