Shockwave Flash, also known as SWF (named after its filename extension) is a multimedia format that is primarily used for delivering videos, animations and other vector graphics created using Adobe Flash over the Internet. All you need to do in order to view this type of file using your web browser is to install the Flash plug-in. However, even if SWF files are pretty common on the online environment, there aren't that many applications that can locally play these files. That's why converting them into a popular video format, such as AVI (a format supported by almost all video players on Windows-based computers), is a good idea if you plan to keep your videos or animations on local hard drives. You might also want to turn your SWF files into AVI videos if you want to transfer your Flash media to gaming consoles such as XBox or PlayStation, or to Windows-based mobile phones.
Next, I will show you how to change your SWF media files into AVI videos using SWF to AVI 1.7 (Freeware) from www.swftoavi.com. I have chosen this application because it offers uses one of the easiest ways to convert SWF videos to AVI, as you won't have to deal with any menus, editing features, profile selections or other complicated tasks. It keeps the job simple and straight to the point.
You will need to download the following software to follow along with this tutorial.
The two-step guide for converting SWF files into AVI can be viewed below:
Add the SWF file you want to convert by clicking on the "Open SWF" button.
Click on "Start Convert" and provide the desired output location to begin the process.
The only modifications that you can make to the output file is choosing its format in case you want to burn it on a DVD or VCD (PAL or NTSC) and select to include the audio part or not. You can do that by clicking on the "Format" button.
After the conversion task ends, a notification message will appear that will inform you about the process status and you will be able to access your AVI file by navigating to the provided output folder. As stated in the beginning of this guide, turning your SWF media files into AVI videos with SWF to AVI 1.7 (Freeware) is a very simple task and no user should have any problems completing the job. If you want to download and install other applications, with more advanced features or better looking interfaces, then check the tools from the "Alternative Downloads" section.
- Very easy to use.
- Fast conversion speed.
- Absence of a conversion progress bar.
- Free SWF to AVI Converter SWF to AVI Converter is a program that allows you to convert SWF to AVI, MP4... $25.95 DOWNLOAD
- Recool SWF to AVI Converter Professional SWF to AVI Converter is a tools to convert Flash/SWF to... $25.95 DOWNLOAD
- SWF & FLV Toolbox SWF & FLV Toolbox will not just convert your Flash files to AVI video, it will... $39.95 DOWNLOAD
- SWF to AVI SWF to AVI is one freeware to convert flash swf to avi video, developed by... FREE DOWNLOAD
- iPixSoft SWF to AVI Converter This program lets you convert SWF Flash files to AVI videos. You can crop Flash... $39.95 DOWNLOAD