Even though both FLV and SWF are Adobe Flash formats, there is a difference between them. First of all, FLV is the format used for storing Flash video files, while SWF is a published media file that can store not only videos, but also games, animations and other applications created using ActionScript. We can safely state that, if you want to deliver videos over the Internet or simply store movies on your computer using a Flash format, FLV is the best choice, as it is a format specially designed for this purpose and the main file type used by video sharing websites like Youtube. Simply put, if you want to share animated vector graphics over the Internet, you should use the SWF format and, if you want to deliver videos, FLV is the obvious choice.
Converting your SWF files to FLV format can prove to be a good idea, not only when sharing movies online, but also if you want to reduce the file size of SWF files containing video data, as FLV uses a lossy compression method while SWF is lossless.
For demonstrating the conversion process, I have chosen MediaProSoft Free Video Converter 7.2 (Freeware), designed by MediaProSoft Co., Ltd., because of its good reputation, stylish interface and very high conversion speed. In addition, if you want to convert multiple files at the same time (batch conversion) and save time, then this application will also help you out.
You will need to download the following software to follow along with this tutorial.
Here are the three simple steps that you will need to complete in order to convert your SWF files to FLV format
Add the desired video file (or files) and click the "Next" button. You can either drag-and-drop them onto the interface or click the "Add File(s)..." button.
Select FLV as the output format and choose the output directory as seen in the image below.
You can select one of the available presets that will modify the quality of the output FLV file
Click the "Convert" button to start the process
a. You can convert your SWF files to various formats supported by hand-held devices like iPhone, Android phone or tablet, PSP, iPod and more. You can do that by clicking on the "Device" tab (see image)
b. You can also extract audio files from your SWF videos by selecting the "Audio" tab and the desired audio format.
Once the conversion process is finished, you can easily open the output folder with a single mouse click. Other than that, not much more can be said. Converting SWF files to FLV videos using MediaProSoft Free Video Converter 7.2 is a fast and simple process. You won't have to deal with any complicated menus or customization features (besides selecting pre-defined presets). If you are looking for other, feature-rich applications, then you might want to check out the "Alternative Downloads" section.
- Stylish and intuitive interface
- Free to use
- Fast conversion speed
- Support for batch conversion
- Support for multiple formats
- Lack of customization features
- ABest Video to MOV SWF FLV Converter ABest Video to MOV SWF FLV Converter is an easy-to-use and all-in-one tool for... $25 DOWNLOAD
- Agree Free AVI/MPEG/MOV/MP4/FLV/W MV/SWF Converter Agree Free AVI/MPEG/MOV/MP4/FLV/W MV/SWF Converter is a multifunctional video... FREE DOWNLOAD
- Convexsoft Video to FLV SWF GIF Converter This is an easy to use and powerful conversion tool that lets you convert video... $29.95 DOWNLOAD
- MediaProSoft Free Video Converter MediaProSoft Free Video Converter allows you to convert video and audio files... FREE DOWNLOAD
- iPixSoft SWF to FLV Converter iPixSoft SWF to FLV Converter is a program that helps you convert Adobe Flash... $39.95 DOWNLOAD