Even though TIFF and JPG (JPEG) are both popular raster graphics formats, they serve different purposes. To explain it in a simple way, TIFF is a format primarily used by digital photographers and publishers for printing and storing high quality image files, as this type of file can hold a great amount of information about a picture, making it ideal when processing photos taken with a digital camera (raw images). JPG, in turn, is the most common image format found on personal computers, as it offers a great compression rate for digital pictures without that much loss in quality.
Converting your TIFF images to JPG format can prove to be a useful solution, especially if you want to save some disk space, because TIFF files tend to have a large size (the downside of storing photos in high quality). This is just one of the many reasons that you might have for converting TIFF pictures to JPG files.
I will show you how to complete the above mentioned process using Best Free Image Converter 4.8 (Freeware) designed by zxt2007 Corporation. This application was selected because it keeps the entire conversion process simple and clean, because of its batch conversion capabilities and, well, because I wanted to see if it lives up to its name (it somewhat does if you just want to convert files from one format to another)..
You will need to download the following software to follow along with this tutorial.
Here are the simple steps that you will need to complete for converting TIFF images to JPG photos
Add the desired TIFF images by clicking on the "Add Source Files" button from the menu bar (you can also drag-and-drop images to the interface)
Set the destination folder (from the "Convert Options" window, in the bottom-right part of the interface)
Select JPG as the output format from the drop-down list (see image)
You can change the size of the output image, modify the image brightness and contrast, add a watermark or a frame from the "Convert Options" window (see image below).
Click on the "Start Convert" button from the menu bar and wait for the process to end.
Well done! Now you have transformed all the desired TIFF image files into JPG digital photos in no time using Best Free Image Converter 4.8 (Freeware). As you can see, the entire process is not that complicated and the resulted files won't contain any watermarks or other unwanted items. If you want to see other applications with advanced options or other features, then check the related programs list.
- Support for batch conversion
- Can convert between multiple formats
- Simple and straightforward interface
- Free to use
- Not that many visual effects
- A-PDF TIFF Merge and Split A-PDF TIFF Merge and Split is a desktop utility program that lets you merge... $27 DOWNLOAD
- AVS Image Converter Convert images between JPEG, PDF, RAW, TIFF, GIF, PNG, RAS, PSD, PCX, CR2, DNG,... FREE DOWNLOAD
- Advanced Batch Converter Advanced Batch Converter allows you to convert multiple graphics files to a... $99.99 DOWNLOAD
- Best Free Image Converter Best Free Image Converter is a very useful tool for image conversion. Best Free... FREE DOWNLOAD
- Easy2Convert TIFF to JPG This program can convert Tagged Image File Format files (TIF, TIFF) to JPEG... FREE DOWNLOAD
- TIFF to JPG TIFF to JPG is a free program that can help you convert TIFF/TIF images to... FREE DOWNLOAD